Government to Employee
- Matters pertaining to approvals for special allowances.
Granting approvals for Schemes of Recruitment.
- Extension of services on contract basis.
- Matters pertaining to approvals for overseas leave.
- Matters pertaining to Employees Provident Fund.
- Matters pertaining to approvals in respect of the implementation of line Ministry circulars
- Matters pertaining to the preparation and payment of salaries of the staff.
- Matters pertaining to appointments, promotions, transfers, granting of salary increments, retirement of Ministry Secretaries & Deputy Chief Secretaries.
- Matters pertaining to the appeals submitted by the Public Officers.
Office of the Chief Secretary
- Disciplinary activities of employees who come under the Disciplinary authority of chief secretary
- Activities relating to maintaining personal files of all officers/employees coming under the purview of the Chief Secretary (All Island servies/ Development Officers / MA / IT /Tax officer/ Technical Officer / Auditor-Inspector and the Receptionist
- coordinating Disciplinary actions relating to officers of all Island services
- Identifying training requirments of the Officers of the chief secretary
Office of the Deputy Chief Secretary (Personnel & Training)
- Provide training and workshops that are directly related to the designation.
- Publishing and approving Foreign scholarships and related affairs
- Managing Cadre information System that helps to balance the cadre of province
- Issuing Office Identity Cards for every officers of Provincial Council
- Giving educational leaves and course fees to participate external training programs