Be the Pioneer of Community Entrepreneurship
Making Provincial Policies on Co-operatives. Technology, Research, Audit and Providing training services. Contribute to the National development as a community entrepreneur by providing product security and monitoring services.
Mrs. Ranjani Jayakody
Commissioner of co-operative Development
Information Act - Responsive Officers
Mobile : +94714241802
Phone : +94452231866
Fax : +94452228049
Mobile : +94718891338
Phone : +94452222168
Fax : +94452228049
- Taking action to appoint local committee.
- Identifying and solving problems of registered Societies.
- Conduct regular meetings with the Board of Directors and provide necessary advice.
- Granting approval for the acquisition / renting of immovable and movable property.
- Advice on loans and investments
- Monitoring and advising on Accounts.
- Providing loans for the development of societies as a state mediator.
- Advise and approve on the development plans.
- To educate the community and school children about the Co-operative Movement.
- Implementation of a Co-operative Employees’ Pension Scheme under the provisions of the Sabaragamuwa Provincial Co-operative Employees’ Pension Statute No. 2 of 2014.
- Registration of Co-operative Societies.
- Regulation of Co-operative Societies.
- Development of Co-operative Societies.
- Audit of Co-operative Societies.
- Investigating Co-operative Societies.
- Legal and Arbitration matters relating to Co-operative Societies.
- Liquidation of Co-operative Societies and cancellation of registration.
- Delivering essential consumer goods to government institutions in disaster situations
- Acting as a distribution channel to deliver government subsidiaries
- Facilitating public with loan facilities according to government instructions
- Supplying of raw foods to provincial hospitals
- Facilitating government institutions with food and accommodation facilities in concessionary rates
Commissioner of Co -operative Development
Implementation of the power vended by provisions of the Sabaragamuwa Provincial Council Co-operative statute No. 03 of 2007 and overall supervision of department officers’ functions.
Supervision of Accounting and financial functions.
Personal file, Preparation of bank reconciliation, Check the traveling aliveness.
Management Service Officer
Recruitment Procedure related duties, Accounts activity and Payroll functions.
Administration and Supervision of district Co-operative office activities.
Administration and Supervision
District Co-operative Development Officer
Audit, Development and Regulation of registered Societies.
Co-operative Development Officer
Auditing, Arbitration and Liquidation of Co-operative society
Driving duties, vehicle Service and Maintenance.
- Audit Section
- Training and Development Section
- Regulations Section
- Accounts Section
- Co-operative Employees’ Pension Section