This is the office of the Hon. Governor of the Sabagaramuwa Province who has been appointed by H.E. the President of the Democratic Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka as his representative for the Sabaragamuwa Province. Governor’s Office of the Sabaragamuwa Province is vested with the responsibility in respect of the matters pertaining to appeals, matters pertaining to approvals for all service minutes and schemes of recruitment, appointments and all other related matters as per the powers vested in the Hon. Governor in terms of the provisions of the 13th Amendment to the 1978 Constitution and the Provincial Council Act No. 42 of 1987
A Prosperous Sabaragamuwa Province through Good Governance
To implement all actions taken on the guidance with equity, equality and transparency for the betterment and public welfare of the province by effectively utilizing the human and physical resources while protecting the identity of the province.
Hon. Dhamma Dissanayaka
The Governor of Sabaragamuwa Province
Information Act - Responsive Officers
Mr. Herath P. Kularathna
Mobile : +94773122407
Phone : +94452226746
Fax : +94452222541
Mrs. Shamedhani Matharahewage
Mobile : +94719905040
Phone : +94452228056
Fax : +94452222541
- Taking necessary action in respect of the public petitions received by the Hon. Governor.
- Taking appropriate action in respect of the appeals received to by Hon. Governor.
- Actions pertaining to the Right to Information Act.
- Provision of donations for Public Welfare activities.
- Matters pertaining to approvals for special allowances.
- Granting approvals for Schemes of Recruitment.
- Extension of services on contract basis.
- Matters pertaining to approvals for overseas leave.
- Matters pertaining to Employees Provident Fund.
- Matters pertaining to approvals in respect of the implementation of line Ministry circulars.
- Matters pertaining to the preparation and payment of salaries of the staff.
- Matters pertaining to appointments, promotions, transfers, granting of salary increments, retirement of Ministry Secretaries & Deputy Chief Secretaries.
- Matters pertaining to the appeals submitted by the Public Officers.
- Procurement related matters.
- Accounting the income received fromthe sale of Ranaviru Flags and crediting same to the Ranaviru Seva Authority.
- Organizing the Provincial Ranaviru Ceremony to commemorate the war heroes in line with the National Ranaviru Day.
GS 01 Administrative Officer – Mr.Jayasigha Bandara
GS 04 Management Assistant – Mrs. G.K.N.Kanthi Balasuriya
GS 05 Management Assistant – Mr.K.W.Shamantha Danaranga
GS 06 Management Assistant – Mr. Channa Wanigasuriya
GS 07 Development Officer – Mrs.K.M.Dewmini Kumari
GS 08 Management Assistant – Mrs. P.M.G.Apsara Gunasigha
GS 09 Management Assistant – Mr. W.A.Niranga Perera
GS 10 Management Assistant – Mr.P.D.Sasitha Rathnayaka
GS 11 Development Officer – Mr.U.P.Thilantha Kumara
GS 13 Development Officer – Miss D.H.Surangi Hewage