Government to Employee
- Matters pertaining to approvals for special allowances.
Granting approvals for Schemes of Recruitment.
- Extension of services on contract basis.
- Matters pertaining to approvals for overseas leave.
- Matters pertaining to Employees Provident Fund.
- Matters pertaining to approvals in respect of the implementation of line Ministry circulars
- Matters pertaining to the preparation and payment of salaries of the staff.
- Matters pertaining to appointments, promotions, transfers, granting of salary increments, retirement of Ministry Secretaries & Deputy Chief Secretaries.
- Matters pertaining to the appeals submitted by the Public Officers.
Office of the Chief Secretary
- Disciplinary activities of employees who come under the Disciplinary authority of chief secretary
- Activities relating to maintaining personal files of all officers/employees coming under the purview of the Chief Secretary (All Island servies/ Development Officers / MA / IT /Tax officer/ Technical Officer / Auditor-Inspector and the Receptionist
- coordinating Disciplinary actions relating to officers of all Island services
- Identifying training requirments of the Officers of the chief secretary
Office of the Deputy Chief Secretary (Personnel & Training)
- Provide training and workshops that are directly related to the designation.
- Publishing and approving Foreign scholarships and related affairs
- Managing Cadre information System that helps to balance the cadre of province
- Issuing Office Identity Cards for every officers of Provincial Council
- Giving educational leaves and course fees to participate external training programs
Department of Provincial Revenue
- Notice that requests have been received relevant to the Right to Information act.
- Supplying relevant information.
- Appeals made relevant to the information act.
Office of the Deputy Chief Secretary (Financial Management)
- Issuing Imprest for payment of salaries.
- Issuance of the highest priority for the issuance of advance loans of public servants.
Collecting funds for widows and orphans and sending them to the Department of Pensions.
Issuing necessary provisions for foreign scholarships / travel abroad for public servants.